Thursday, March 1, 2012

The fear

We're really going to do this, aren't we? 

I think the main thing I'm feeling with details right now is overwhelmed. So I'm making a list. Lists help, don't they?

  1. Health insurance. This is big, huge, have to figure this out. 
  2. Travel insurance. I'm trying to figure out combining this with the health insurance thing, but the whole ball o' wax is pricy. It's pretty non-negotiable for this trip, though. I got away without it in Belize, but this time I don't think I can avoid it.
  3. Refinance the mortgage
  4. Rent the house. I think we'll need to get a property management co. to handle all of this unless we can find someone trustworthy to rent it to furnished, or something. Not sure we can swing paying the mortgage for the house to sit empty for a year.
  5. Sell the Focus. Must get it fixed first. But sell it. Maybe someone my folks know, or my brother knows, or Jean knows, will want to buy it for $3K.  That would be easiest.
  6. Sell some other stuff, like the treadmill, and maybe some furniture.  (My biggest fear is no one will want any of this stuff and we'll have to find a place for it.
  7. Break news to parents, friends, family, work.
  8. Re: work, that'll be when we quit our jobs. This one has a lot of fear and doubt around it for me.
  9. Get in shape! Seriously. I'm over my recent maintenance weight, and I would like to be 20 pounds lighter by the time we leave on this trip.
  10. Try not to panic, vomit, or shit myself with excitement and terror.

No comments:

Post a Comment