Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tweedledee and Tweedledum

You might have noticed, if you come to our blog directly to read the updates rather than just getting the emails or reading it in your feed reader, that we set up a Twitter account: @2bumpsontheroad. Feel free to follow us on Twitter if you want, but don't feel obligated. We're not trying to get into the social media racket. We're primarily setting it up as an easy way to encapsulate each day in 140 characters or less, which will give everyone a bit of an idea of our day to day, especially when I can't get a good internet signal or time to update any further. David will be tweeting from this account as well with observations about things we've seen.  I personally don't understand exactly how all the hashtags and such on twitter work, so I'm not really interested in that culture. But I like the idea of a brief daily update. They'll be basic. but will hopefully give some insight into our day to day experiences.

Also, I've updated my journal in Indonesia, but haven't done any of the month we spent in Australia (sorry! the internet sucked there and I also got lazy!). I'll go back and punch it in at some point, hopefully.

Anyway, that's all I want to say. We hope that you like the new features and changes we've made. Let us know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I like the changes and I appreciate the increased frequency of posting, whether that's your concerted effort to post more often or increased access to wifi.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Sort of both. We had a bunch of posts written, but didn't have the wifi to upload them until Bali. Now we have them scheduled to self-publish once a day; currently booked out to the 17th. We'll see how it goes.

      Delete